If you thought the demolition process was just about putting on a hard hat and swinging some sledgehammers until the walls come tumbling down, we have bad news for you – it’s a little more complicated than that. Whether you’re gutting an entire house or demolishing a part of one, there are common mistakes to avoid to ensure that your project is as efficient and successful as possible.
It’s easy to make mistakes during demolition that can injure you, damage your property and other people’s property, violate safety regulations, and even land you in legal trouble. Here are some of the most common mistakes to avoid. Keep reading to find out which to avoid.
- Failing to Remove Hazardous Materials – Before beginning demolition, hazardous materials such as asbestos, lead-based paint, and other materials must be removed properly. These materials can cause serious health issues if not handled correctly.
- Starting Without a Plan – Demolition is chaotic, noisy, and dangerous work, so it’s essential to have a plan before beginning the job. Make sure you know what should be torn down, what to keep, and where the debris will go.
- Inadequate Safety Measures – It’s essential for everyone on the demolition crew to wear protective gear such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, and steel-toed boots. The workplace must have appropriate warning signs to stay safe and secure.
- Ignoring Local Regulations – Research local demolition regulations and follow them when doing the job. Failing to do so can result in hefty fines or even jail time, depending on the severity of the violation.
- Not Consulting Experts – Demolition contractors know the proper procedures for a safe and efficient job. Get expert advice today.
Call the Expert For Your Light Demolition Needs
At Junk Magicians; we are the experts at light demolition in Lexington. We specialize in residential junk removal, commercial junk removal, property cleanout services, property management & eviction cleanouts, hoarding situations, and demolition. We are happy to offer professional assistance with friendly customer service. And since we know time is of the essence, we will do the job right the first time efficiently. Give us a call today! We are your trusted demolition company in your area.